Saturday, October 19, 2019

Climate Geoengineering and related Book References

This post contains a list of books I have used to prepare my OLLI class, Geoengineering to Combat Climate Change. Below, I present the book title (as an Amazon link), and the author.

I have tried to list the books in the order that I found most useful for this class. My previous post on this blog lists WEB links that I found very valuable and used for this class. Now the books:

A Case For Climate Engineering by David Keith

The Planet Remade by Oliver Morton

DRAWDOWN: The Most Comprehensive Plan Ever Proposed to Reverse Global Warming
edited by Paul Hawken

Hack The Planet by Eli Kintisch


And below are two books I have used in previous classes on climate change that I highly recommend:

The Long Thaw  by David Archer.....the link is to a new publication of the 2009 version that I have

The Water Will Come by Jeff Goodell... "An immersive, mildly gonzo and depressingly well-timed book about the drenching effects of global warming, and a powerful reminder that we can bury our heads in the sand about climate change for only so long before the sand itself disappears." (Jennifer Senior, New York Times)


No comments:

GREENLAND - Will probably be the focus of near term sea level rise

Greenland is almost all covered by a very thick glacial ice cap. If all of Greenland's ice either melted or slid into the oceans, sea le...